new

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Inspired

Time…

I have spent my time worshipping you

Licking you from your head to your toes

Wrapping you up in my loving arms

I have spent my time wanting you

Stealing kisses in the dead of night dreaming of what feels so right

I have spent my time singing for you

At the top of my lungs with my face pointed upward

Singing your praises to the morning sky

I have spent my time wishing for you

I made you up from the bits and pieces of men come and gone

Given you their best parts as I pushed you ashore

I have spent my time looking for you

Through the telescope in my attic

I hunted for you and waited for you to be ready for a woman such as me

In the end I found you

You warned me away from you

Saying you were not ready for me that I was not what YOU had dreamed

It then came to be that I realized I didn’t need you

I just wanted you and that is when we…..

I spent my time worshipping you

Don’t hate us

Don’t hate us the ones that stand behind you

Don’t hate us the ones that satisfy you

Don’t hate us the ones that believe in you

Don’t hate us as we sacrifice our youth for you

Don’t hate us as we work to please you

To give you show prove to you that you are

The man in the relationship

Don’t hate us for your shortfalls

For your lack of trust

For your lack of self-confidence

Don’t hate us for not NEEDING you

For picking up the slack when you drop it

For knowing when and where to show strength

For being the true muscle

Don’t hate that we are the and always have been the back bone on which the world survives

Try and love us and support us

Just once in a damn while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think :)