new

Monday, December 19, 2011

Homemaking.......Star Date 58

My Dinner Made me Feel like a Fat Girl......
funny pictures history - Oh, my, God, Becky, look at her butt.  It's so big.

So I am having a fat day despite the fact I have only ate once today. Well maybe twice. The reason for feeling like a sleepy whale is the dinner that I ate. I have been tired due to cleaning the house for family visiting. I did not really want to cook dinner but decided that I should since well we are broke due to Christmas (damn it!). I was just going to make spaghetti and call it a day and then decided at the last min (with the prompting of the husband) to make my own version of hamburger helper. For this all you need is

Kraft Mac and cheese
Hamburger meat
Spaghetti sauce
Spinach
Parmesan Cheese

I made the hamburger meat in the pan and then added water and the noodles and spinach when that was all done I poured everything into a casserole dish and put the cheese on top and set it in the oven to bake until the cheese was melted. I also made corn bread with sugar added.



FAT GIRL IN THE HOUSE!!!

But is was delicious and I will make sure to make this every couple weeks. Not more than that because well we would die from cheese overload lol.
Big Book of 30-Minute Dinners (Better Homes & Gardens)
Yestersdays dinner consisted of a new recipe from one of my cook books. It was a simple dinner with boneless skinless chicken breasts Lima beans and a sauce. I do not keep lima beans on stock in my house so I had to figure out how to make this meal without that or whipping cream. I decided to search the web for a way and went to my trusty site for substitution rules   According to this site whipping cream and butter make up for not having whipping cream. After that the veggie needed to be solved. I keep on hand in my house fresh green beans so I chopped off the ends and then in half and I had my veggie.

I think a lot of the sites and cook books have high end expensive ingredients that require you to go out and pick something up or to make sure you know what you are going to eat before hand. Which is all great if you are not in the habit of changing your mind or running out of time to cook what you and initially decided to make. If you are like me this is not always the case. So you need the ability to substitute where you can and know that while it may not taste exactly the way the book or site may have intended that you have just put your own stamp on a meal.

So please everyone remember to....

Live Long and Eat and Prosper!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think :)